It is summer, and people start to get the idea of dieting more serious, to stay in shape during this season that is known for outdoor activities that need stunning physique and fitness.
These are some tips that will help you enjoy your summer:
- As temperatures start to get higher and higher, the risk of dehydration increases, thus you need to restore your water levels by drinking more liquids, water is always the best option. Also, fruit and vegetables are a good source of liquids. That is why, at Lina’s & Dina’s diet center, we always aim to include a good variety of salads and fruit in the diet plan.
- Be careful of empty –calorie drinks and foods. Sometimes people find a glass of soda, sweetened juice, or ice cream, the best option to cool down. But these food options are high in calories and might cause weight gain. Other options can be, water flavored with lemon slices, cucumber slices, or mint, unsweetened iced tea, or unsweetened iced coffee.
- Some foods such as mint are known to have a good effect on cooling the body due to its content of methanol. A glass of lemon juice with mint sweetened with Stevia is a low calorie option that will help you refresh during hot weather.
- Some people are afraid of eating spicy food in summer, thinking it will make them feel hot. But scientific studies showed that it might let you feel hot at the beginning but once the body starts to sweat this will help to cool the body. So do not be afraid of eating your favorite spicy Indian dish in summer, our menu includes a wide variety of spicy food if you are a fan of them.
- Summer is a good opportunity to do some sports that will help you lose weight such as swimming, or beach volleyball.
- Summer is known for social gatherings and outdoor activities which might make it hard for you to stick to a healthy lifestyle. We, Lina’s & Dina’s diet center, are here to help you achieve and maintain healthy body weight by providing you with a customized diet plan that will suit your lifestyle.
To know more about our weight loss program, please click here