You can get most of the nutrients you need from eating a varied and balanced vegan diet.
For a healthy vegan diet:
- Eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day
- Base meals on potatoes, bread, rice, pasta or other starchy carbohydrates (choose wholegrain where possible)
- Have some dairy alternatives, such as soya drinks and yoghurts (choose lower fat and lower sugar options)
- Eat some beans, pulses and other proteins
- Choose unsaturated oils and spreads, and eat in small amounts
- Drink plenty of fluids (the government recommends 6 to 8 cups or glasses a day)
If you choose to include foods and drinks that are high in fat, salt or sugar, have them less often and in small amounts.
Getting the right nutrients from a vegan diet:
With good planning and an understanding of what makes up a healthy, balanced vegan diet, you can get all the nutrients your body needs.
If you do not plan your diet properly, you could miss out on essential nutrients, such as calcium, iron and vitamin B12.
In our menu at Lina’s & Dina’s Diet Center, we have different vegan meals on Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner. We provide also salads, soups, & snacks that are suitable for vegan clients. So, with Lina’s & Dina’s, you will not find difficulty to prepare your food & snacks. For sweet lovers, we have vegan sweets on our menu that you will enjoy.