Carb cycling is a method of dieting that involves planned increases and decreases in carbohydrate intake (and generally in caloric intake as well).
There are many different carb cycling protocols, but most have you alternate between at least two of three types of days:
High-carb days typically call for 2 to 2.5 grams of carbohydrate per pound of body weight. They are usually your highest calorie days.
Low-carb days typically call for about 0.5 grams of carbohydrate per pound of body weight. They are usually your second-highest calorie days.
No-carb days typically call for less than 30 grams of carbohydrate. They are usually your lowest calorie days.
If all that sounds complicated to you, that’s because, as far as dietary strategies go, it is. You need to be meticulous in your meal planning and steadfast in your compliance.
Although every carb cycling diet plan is different and needs to be customized based on whether weight loss or muscle gain is the primary goal, most carb cycling diets build in about one to three days per week when you can consume more carb-heavy foods (like potatoes or grains). Some carb cycling diet plans also include a day for indulging on some decadent foods to “reward” yourself for your hard work, guilt-free.
What types of things do you eat when you’re not boosting your carb intake? On lower-carb days, foods like non-starchy veggies, grass-fed meats, eggs and healthy fats are the base of your meals. Why would someone choose to carb cycle instead of just dieting the old-fashioned way? Some the advantages that a carb cycling diet has include:
- preserving muscle mass and preventing muscle wasting
- helping muscle recovery after workouts
- boosting weight loss or reducing body fat percentage
- preventing a dip in your metabolic rate
- including flexibility and a variety of healthy foods
- allowing you to keep your favorite meals as part of your plan
- giving you more energy
- preventing extreme hunger or fatigue
- helping to prevent hormone imbalances
long term Benefits of carb cycling:
- Helps Build and Preserve Lean Muscle Mass
- Encourages Weight Loss (or Maintenance of a Healthy Weight)
- Encourages You to Eat More Plant Foods
- Helps You Stick with Healthy Eating Long Term
- Can Help Reduce Hormonal Fluctuations and Blood Sugar Swings
Carb cycling at Lina’s & Dina’s:
We in Lina’s & Dina’s started implementing this successful and interesting plan to assist regular people and athletes to reduce fat and gain muscles quicker and healthier , now we can adjust the amount of carbs to be on the cycling concept by the ATHLETES & 6 PACK PROGRAM.
By: PALIG ASHODIAN