Maintaining some healthy eating habits when you travel will help to create more of a lifestyle approach instead of constantly being on a yo-yo schedule. Plus, you probably won’t feel as tired or bloated when you get back from vacation.
Here are some tips to boost your nutrition while you’re traveling and on-the-go:
Be Prepared with Snacks like:
- Raw trail mix (look for “raw nuts” that don’t have any added oils)
- Dried fruits or fresh fruit
- Dark chocolate (>70% with <5g sugar per serving)
Scout a healthy breakfast:
Omelets and oatmeal are good to choose. Some easy, packable meals that can be carried include:
- Quinoa bowl with vegetables and avocado
- Overnight oats
- Veggie wrap
Support Your Digestion:
- If you find that you get constipated, make sure to take a higher boost of probiotics to keep things moving. Another great supplement to bring with you while traveling is magnesium. Magnesium helps with constipation, and it can help you fall asleep at night as well.
Pack your own munchies:
- By bringing a snack bag of healthy foods, you’ll be prepared and likely to save money. Good go-tos are fruit-and-nut bars.
- Consider carrying an empty water bottle in your travel bag that you can fill and keep your body hydrated. Fruits like pears, oranges and strawberries are also hydrating.
Skip the salt:
- Airplanes tend to have lower humidity, which can lead to dehydration. Salty processed snacks like chips, as well as salted nuts, only help speed along that parched feeling while you’re on board.
Buy lunch or dinner before you board the plane:
- Chances are, options in the terminal will be healthier than the ones on the plane. And they’ll definitely be more customizable.
When you find it difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle and to follow the previous tips during traveling, Lina’s & Dina’s diet center will help you to restore the healthy lifestyle in order to have the normal weight. A variety of different programs for weight loss and lifestyle are available at Lina’s & Dina’s to encourage you loosing extra weight in a healthy and enjoyable way without feeling of Boredom or tiredness.
For more information you can visit our programs